Monday, April 13, 2009

thing 22) staying current

while i feel that i'm pretty hip with the 2.0, i did learn a lot using NEFLIN's 23 things. i have always tried to stay current with these types of technologies.

one method i find that works is to always browse the technologies segment of ALA's newsletter. i always find an article or two that interest me and teach me about emerging trends.

my resolution is to continue to read that and make my notes here.

i will continue to take advantage of NEFLINS and webinars.

the most important thing i learned about web 2.0 is that to efficiently use these technologies, we must prepare and plan before implementation. i've been learning this lesson all around - what seems like a good idea should be weighed and analyzed before immediately using.

i'm too busy to go through many blogs, but i like the blah blah blog. i check on that from time to time. i feel overwhelmed by too many choices, so web 2.0 leaves me comotose. it's best for me to take one recommendation and become really involved in that, rather than shallowly use many resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment