Saturday, April 4, 2009

thing 19) other social networks

there are just too many out there! i do not have time to keep track of multiple social networking sites for each of my interests. that's why i like livejournal. it's my blog, my photoblog, my forum, my method of keeping in touch with friends, etc. i can join multiple communities that engage each of my interests and follow them all at once on my 'friends page'.

i'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned yet. i love livejournal and all of the applications for it. it combines blogging with social networks and interaction among people with a shared interest.

i am interested in last.fm. it sounds interesting, but too much work. i want to type in a web address and just listen. i like pandora.com for streaming music for this reason. i think much of this social networking is for people with too much time on their hands. i just don't have time to play with these sites. and i really don't see how our library can use them.

i don't think i'll ever use these sites. but then again, i said i'd never use facebook...i'd like to join a professional networking site, but i don't have the time to figure out which one...i'd be using the time that i have to actually meet real people!

No comments:

Post a Comment